Coronavirus (COVID-19) Preparedness Information Learn More
Teaching and Nutritional Counseling
Medical Nutrition Therapy is available to all inpatients at the request of their doctor. Outpatient counseling is also available for Cardiac Rehab patients.
Our team of Registered Dietitians provides outpatient Medical Nutrition Therapy. Through our nutrition counseling, we show our patients the path to eating healthy, reducing their weight and risk for chronic disease, and enjoying an active lifestyle.
Our team will provide:
- A personalized food plan following a thorough nutritional assessment,
- Nutrition education,
- Monitoring over time for nutritional advice, and
- Support to begin lifestyle changes for long-term commitment.
Our team can assist in:
- Weight management,
- Lowering cholesterol,
- Bowel disorders (irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, celiac disease),
- Pediatric nutrition,
- Medical problems like anemia, gout, and hypoglycemia,
- Family nutrition including child and adolescent growth and development.
We accept Medicare and most major insurance plans, including BlueCross BlueShield of NC.
Our team works with local organizations to plan and develop on-site weight loss and nutrition education.