Quality. Expertise. Commitment.
What it means to be a
Duke LifePoint Hospital
Find A Doctor
Patients & Visitors
Temporary Flu Season Visitation Guidelines
Online Bill Pay
About Our Staff
Mission, Vision & Values
Person Memorial Foundation
Map & Directions
Community Benefit Report
Community Health Needs Assessment
Happy & Healthy Mindset
Open Enrollment 2014-15
Radiology (X-rays), Exercise Stress Tests, EKGs
Person Memorial Hospital 's licensed and registered radiology physicians, technologists and sonographers offer a variety of diagnostic services to assist your doctor in his diagnosis. A board-certified radiologist or physician interprets all tests and the results are available immediately to your doctor.
The department is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Emergency services are available from an On-Call clinician.
Services offered include:
- A bone densitometry is used to measure bone loss and to assess your risk for developing fractures.
- A method of obtaining images from inside the human body through the use of high-frequency sound waves. No radiation is involved. Obstetric ultrasound refers to the specialized use of sound waves to visualize and determine the condition of a pregnant woman and her embryo or fetus.
- A healthcare specialty involving the use of radioactive compounds to perform diagnostic imaging examinations that can lead to the effective treatment of disease.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
: A non-invasive imaging method that uses radio waves and a powerful magnetic field to produce clear and detailed images of virtually any part of the body.
- A specific type of imaging that uses a low dose x-ray for the examination of the breasts. It is frequently used as a screening tool to detect early breast cancer.
Computed Tomography (CT)
– Sometimes called a CAT scan, CT uses special x-ray equipment to obtain many images from different angles and then join them together to show a cross-section of body tissues and organs.
This department also conducts Exercise Stress Tests, Electrocardiograms (EKGs) and Exercise Tolerance Tests. All tests and imaging require a doctor's order. Once your doctor has determined that you need a particular test, call 336-322-3887 to schedule an appointment.